If you're staying with us, don't forget to visit our namesake Dryburgh Abbey. The Abbey is located right on our doorstep and this magnificent ruin is a 5 Star Visit Scotland attraction.
The Abbey was established in the year 1150 by white-clad Premonstratensian canons originally from Alnwick Priory in Northumberland. Since then it has been destroyed by fire (three times) and by war (four times) yet despite all this, the cloister and its chapter house are surprisingly complete.
The Reformation effectively ended Dryburgh Abbey’s days with just two monks remaining by 1584.
David Erskine, the 11th Earl of Buchan was the founder of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland in 1780 and bought the property, later being buried here in 1829 as was his close friend, novelist Sir Walter Scott.
Summer 1 April - 30 September, 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Winter 1 October - 31 March, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Admission prices: Adult £4.70, Child £2.80, Concession £3.80
(Discount available when staying at the Dryburgh Abbey Hotel)